Monday, April 26, 2010

"Fair and Balanced"

4. When Hillard talks about news on page 157, I had a lot to say. He states that the news should be objective and fair, with the goal of avoiding any political, social, or religious point of view. Like everyone else, I'm sure, my mind went right to FOX News. The big guy vs. the small guy. Then, of course, I thought about the crossfire interview with John Stewart. Not on FOX News, but still relevant.



I try to be fair, I get my news sources from various places, and I'll read the story in more then one place to try and get the real facts. It's interesting, however, how throughly different sources cover different stories. Since everything is owned by the big six, if it's one of their many companies that are in the news, then they dont cover it. It's all a matter of synergy, but the ones who are losing out are the public, because we are getting tainted news. I watch FOX News, because if I didn't, then I would have no justification when saying how horrible of a station it is. They ran a story once, bad mouthing President Obama because he said "under God" in one of his speeches. They criticized him for this, however, President Bush would say he spoke to God. Talk about favoritism.

No comments:

Post a Comment